Put theory into action, test your communication and group work skills, and develop a deeper understanding of your personal leadership!
- Earn academic units (2 units, Pass/No Pass, optional) and a certificate of completion
- Build peer and mentor connections
- Boost your resume and professional portfolio with demonstrated leadership
- Develop communication skills, your ability to work with others, and your ability to facilitate group achievement
Duration of SLDP is two-quarters (Winter and Spring), not including the prerequisite of nine Leadership Essentials Workshops (LEWS)
- conduct campus-focused group work
- meet with cohort one evening per week
- read articles, watch videos, write reflections
Seminars are held weekly in both Winter and Spring Quarters; group project work is scheduled independently.
Each cohort has a minimum enrollment of 8.
Two Cohort options:
1. Wednesday Seminars, online/in person*
- Winter Seminars: January 6th - March 10th, 4:10-6:00 pm
- Spring Seminars: March 31st - May 19th, 4:10-6:00 pm
- Final Presentations: May 26th, 4:10-6:00 pm
- Certificate Award Ceremony: Tuesday, June 1st, 5:10-7:00 pm
*This cohort may meet in person in Spring quarter to the extent we are able to do this in compliance with public health and campus guidance. Plan on added health screening and risk-mitigation procedures, including a maximum enrollment (to be determined based on classroom restrictions.) If and whenever necessary, this cohort will adapt to an online format, including for the entirety of Winter quarter.
1. Thursday Seminars, online
- Winter Seminars: January 6th - March 10th, 5:10-7:00 pm
- Spring Seminars: April 1st - May 20th, 5:10-7:00 pm
- Final Presentations: May 27th, 5:10-7:00 pm
- Certificate Award Ceremony: Tuesday, June 1st, 5:10-7:00 pm (in person, if possible)
Open enrollment for the 2021 cohorts was from August 7 - November 20, 2020. Check back next year for information on the registration process and to submit a registration form.
- Complete and submit the SLDP Registration Form
- CLL staff will contact you to schedule a meeting to finalize your enrollment. You will receive the CRN prior to the start of Winter Quarter (course registration is optional).
- Complete the following nine 50-minute prerequisite Leadership Essentials (LEWS) workshops before the end of Fall Quarter*:
- The Leader in You
- Thinking Critically About Leadership
- Lead at Your Edge
- Balancing Your Plate
- Walk the Talk
- Beyond the Visible
- The Power of Listening
- Your Approach to Conflict
- Why Group Development Matters
*Starting Summer 2020, LEWS Workshops have changed, and as a result, so have the prerequisite requirements for our certificate programs. If you've attended one or more of our LEWS Workshops in the past, we'll work with you to identify which prerequisites you've already met and which remain for you to complete. Either complete a registration form and we'll reach out to you, or if you have questions, you can contact us at email@example.com.