Enrollment for 2023 is now open!
Put theory into action, test your communication and group work skills, and develop a deeper understanding of your personal leadership!
- Earn academic units (2 units, Pass/No Pass, optional) and a certificate of completion
- Build peer and mentor connections
- Boost your resume and professional portfolio with demonstrated leadership
- Develop communication skills, your ability to work with others, and your ability to facilitate group achievement
Duration of SLDP is two-quarters (Winter and Spring), not including the prerequisite of nine Leadership Essentials Workshops (LEWS)
- conduct campus-focused group work
- meet with cohort one evening per week
- read articles, watch videos, write reflections
Seminars are held weekly (in person) in both Winter and Spring Quarters; applied experience is scheduled independently.
- Winter Quarter (January 11 - March 25): Wednesdays 4:10-6:00 pm
- Spring Quarter (April 5 - May 31): Wednesdays 4:10-6:00 pm
- Certificate Award Ceremony: Friday, June 2, 12:00-1:30 pm
Enrollment for the 2023 cohort is now open; the deadline to enroll is November 4, 2022.
- Complete and submit the SLDP Enrollment form (available here until November 4)
SLDP Enrollment Form
This form will take 15-20 minutes and includes the following four short-answer response questions:
* What types of group experiences have you had, either on or off campus?
* What do you struggle with or find most daunting when working in groups?
* How do you tend to participate in a group environment?
* Why do you want to be a part of the SLDP? What are you hoping to get out of the certificate program?
- Complete the following nine 50-minute prerequisite Leadership Essentials (LEWS) workshops prior to the start of the program:
- The Leader in You
- Thinking Critically About Leadership
- Power and Leadership
- Walk the Talk
Beyond the Visible
The Power of Listening
Your Approach to Conflict
Balancing Your Plate
- Why Group Development Matters
- Attend an Enrollment information session (to be scheduled in Fall Quarter 2022)