Enrollment for 2022 is now open!
Registration for the 2022 cohort is open and will continue through November 5, 2021.
Put theory into action, test your communication and group work skills, and develop a deeper understanding of your personal leadership!
- Earn academic units (2 units, Pass/No Pass, optional) and a certificate of completion
- Build peer and mentor connections
- Boost your resume and professional portfolio with demonstrated leadership
- Develop communication skills, your ability to work with others, and your ability to facilitate group achievement
Duration of SLDP is two-quarters (Winter and Spring), not including the prerequisite of nine Leadership Essentials Workshops (LEWS)
- conduct campus-focused group work
- meet with cohort one evening per week
- read articles, watch videos, write reflections
Seminars are held weekly (in person) in both Winter and Spring Quarters; group project work is scheduled independently.
- Winter Quarter: January 5 - March 9, 4:10-6:00 pm
- Spring Quarter: March 30 - May 18, 4:10-6:00 pm
- Final Presentations: May 25, 4:10-6:00 pm
- Certificate Award Ceremony: June 1, 5:10-7:00 pm
Open enrollment is from July 19 - November 5, 2021
- Complete and submit the SLDP Enrollment Form (available here until November 5):
SLDP Enrollment Form
This form will take 15-20 minutes to complete and includes following four short-answer response questions:
* What types of group experiences have you had, either on or off campus?
* How do you tend to participate in a group environment?
* What do you struggle with or find most daunting when working in groups?
* Why do you want to be a part of the SLDP? What are you hoping to get out of the certificate program?
- CLL staff will contact you to schedule a meeting to finalize your enrollment. You will receive the CRN prior to the start of Winter Quarter (course registration is optional).
- Complete the following nine 50-minute prerequisite Leadership Essentials (LEWS) workshops before the end of Fall 2021*:
- The Leader in You
- Thinking Critically About Leadership
- Lead at Your Edge
- Walk the Talk
Beyond the Visible
The Power of Listening
Your Approach to Conflict
Balancing Your Plate
- Why Group Development Matters
*If you've attended one or more of our LEWS Workshops in the past, we'll work with you to identify which prerequisites you've already met and which remain for you to complete. Either complete an enrollment form and we'll reach out to you, or if you have questions, you can contact us at email@example.com.