The Center for Leadership Learning offers two certificate programs open to all undergraduate students. Students do not need to commit to a certificate program in order to attend our quarterly workshops.
Enrollment for 2024 is now open!
Enrollment for the 2024 cohort is open and will continue through November 4, 2023
1. Complete and submit the SLDP Enrollment Form
2. Complete the seven prerequisite LEWS workshops (workshops listed below)
Put theory into action, test your communication and group work skills, and develop a deeper understanding of your personal leadership!
The Student Leadership Development Program (SLDP) provides an immersive experience through the integration of competency-building seminars and group project-based learning.
SLDP admits one cohort per year; participants meet weekly in the Winter and Spring Quarters to engage in a class and dialogue session. For the 2024 cohort, this weekly seminar will be on Wednesdays from 4:10-6:00 pm.
- Earn academic units (4 units, Pass/No Pass, optional) and a certificate of completion
- Build peer and mentor connections
- Boost your resume and professional portfolio with demonstrated leadership
- Develop communication skills, your ability to work with others, and your ability to facilitate group achievement
Duration of SLDP is two-quarters (Winter and Spring), not including the prerequisite of nine Leadership Essentials Workshops (LEWS)
- conduct campus-focused group work
- meet with cohort one evening per week
- read articles, watch videos, write reflections
Seminars are held weekly (in person) in both Winter and Spring Quarters; applied experience is scheduled independently.
- Winter Quarter (January 10 - March 13): Wednesdays 4:10-6:00 pm
- Spring Quarter (April 3 - May 29): Wednesdays 4:10-6:00 pm
- Certificate Award Ceremony: Friday, June 7th, 4:30-6:00 pm
Enrollment for the 2024 cohort is now open; the deadline to enroll is November 4, 2023.
- Complete and submit the SLDP Enrollment form (available here until November 4)
SLDP Enrollment Form
This form will take 15-20 minutes and includes the following four short-answer response questions:
* What types of group experiences have you had, either on or off campus?
* What do you struggle with or find most daunting when working in groups?
* How do you tend to participate in a group environment?
* Why do you want to be a part of the SLDP? What are you hoping to get out of the certificate program?
- Complete the following nine 50-minute prerequisite Leadership Essentials (LEWS) workshops prior to the start of the program:
- Beyond the Visible
- The Leader in You
- The Power of Listening
- Thinking Critically About Leadership
- Your Approach to Conflict
- Why Group Development Matters
Walk the Talk
- Attend an Enrollment information session (to be scheduled in Fall Quarter 2023)