Enrollment for 2024 is now open!
Put theory into action, test your communication and group work skills, and develop a deeper understanding of your personal leadership!
- Earn academic units (4 units, Pass/No Pass, optional) and a certificate of completion
- Build peer and mentor connections
- Boost your resume and professional portfolio with demonstrated leadership
- Develop communication skills, your ability to work with others, and your ability to facilitate group achievement
Duration of SLDP is two-quarters (Winter and Spring), not including the prerequisite of nine Leadership Essentials Workshops (LEWS)
- conduct campus-focused group work
- meet with cohort one evening per week
- read articles, watch videos, write reflections
Seminars are held weekly (in person) in both Winter and Spring Quarters; applied experience is scheduled independently.
- Winter Quarter (January 10 - March 13): Wednesdays 4:10-6:00 pm
- Spring Quarter (April 3 - May 22): Wednesdays 4:10-6:00 pm
- Certificate Award Ceremony: Friday, May 31, 4:30-6:00 pm
Enrollment for the 2024 cohort is now open; the deadline to enroll is November 3, 2023.
- Complete and submit the SLDP Enrollment form (available here until November 3)
SLDP Enrollment Form
This form will take 15-20 minutes and includes the following four short-answer response questions:
* What types of group experiences have you had, either on or off campus?
* What do you struggle with or find most daunting when working in groups?
* How do you tend to participate in a group environment?
* Why do you want to be a part of the SLDP? What are you hoping to get out of the certificate program?
- Complete the following nine 50-minute prerequisite Leadership Essentials (LEWS) workshops prior to the start of the program:
- Beyond the Visible
- The Leader in You
- The Power of Listening
- Thinking Critically About Leadership
- Your Approach to Conflict
- Why Group Development Matters
Walk the Talk
- Attend an Enrollment information session (to be scheduled in Fall Quarter 2023)