LEWS are back and are better than ever! Build your foundational framework of leadership practices.
The Leadership Essentials Workshop Series (LEWS) can help you build your foundational framework of leadership practices. LEWS consists of topical workshops that are open to and free-of-charge for all undergraduate students; attendees are introduced to leadership skills and given opportunities to practice applying them through interactive workshop activities.
- Strengthen your leadership skills and knowledge
- Increase effectiveness within your jobs, student groups, programs, classes, and personal life
- Build peer and mentor connections
- Workshops are open and free of charge to all UC Davis undergraduate students
A variety of workshop topics are offered in the areas of:
- Foundations of Leadership
- Self-Awareness and Management
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Group Development
- Conflict Management
New for the 2020-2021 Academic Year
The Leadership Essentials Workshop Series is evolving! Each workshop is now 50 minutes long, and there are more workshop topics to choose from and explore.
No advance registration or RSVP is necessary, though out of respect to fellow participants and facilitators, students must arrive on time and stay for the entire duration. Workshops are currently held online only, at least through the Winter Quarter. When it is safe and in compliance with public health and campus guidance, we look forward to again offering LEWS workshops in person in The Grove; plan on added health screening and risk-mitigation procedures, including required advance registration and maximum enrollment (to be determined based on classroom restrictions.)
In Summer 2021, we'll be offering the following workshops:
- The Leader in You - Explore and affirm your leader identity
- Thinking Critically About Leadership - Reframe your understanding of ‘leader’ and ‘leadership’
- Lead at Your Edge - Identify your values and embrace a growth mindset
- Walk the Talk - Establish credibility by aligning your values, words, and actions
- Building Confidence and Belonging - Recognize imposter syndrome and understand belonging
- Beyond the Visible - Embrace who you are, appreciate difference, and challenge stereotypes
- Power and Leadership (New for Summer 2021!) Examine the existence of power, privilege, and injustice while working toward equity
- The Importance of Self Care (New for Summer 2021!) Recognize why self care is important and establish self care strategies
Take just one, or as many as you would like to best address your interests and goals! Each topic will be offered at least once in Winter quarter and we hope to see you there!
LEWS Workshops as Certificate Program Prerequisites
Select LEWS Workshops also serve as prerequisites for our two certificate programs: the Student Leadership Development Program (SLDP) and the Diversity Leadership Development Program (DLDP). The specific workshops required for each program are listed on their respective webpage (linked below), and will also be indicated within each workshop's description as that information is added here.
Certificate program participation is definitely not a requirement for attending LEWS workshops, but we hope you will consider your future participation in one or both of these immersive leadership opportunities!
The CLL strives to make our workshops and programs accessible to the undergraduate community. If you need accommodations, please email us.