The seventh annual Aggies Leading the Way! Undergraduate Leadership Conference was held Saturday, February 8, 2020.
This annual full-day event is free for all undergraduate students and open to students in all majors. With workshops, keynote speakers, and networking opportunities, the event helps you reach your leadership potential and practice your professional skills.
The theme for this year's conference was CHANGE; this year's sessions included opportunities to explore change and personal leadership through different lenses. Attendees participated in a variety of relevant interactive workshops and networked with students, staff and speakers.
Conference Check-in & Continental Breakfast
|11:05 am-12:35 pm||
First Session Block ("Workshops" and "Education Sessions")
Lunch & Networking
Second Session Block ("Education Sessions" and "Leadership Speaks" Sessions)
Third Session Block ("Workshops" and "Education Sessions")
Snack and Social Media Break
Afternoon Plenary, Closing Remarks and Evaluations
This year, we offered a variety of different types of sessions and topics related to the conference theme of “Change” for attendees to select from throughout the day:
- Education Sessions – Quick and focused sessions addressing one core principle or concept, 40-60 min
- Workshops – In-depth session incorporating applied practice or multi-faceted or transformative activities, 90 min
- Leadership Speaks Sessions – Brief sessions where presenters shared their story of leadership and change in a prepared Ted Talk-style format; Q&A or conversation will follow as time allows, 25 min
Overview of Conference Sessions
The 2020 conference is funded and made possible by the UC Davis Center for Leadership Learning and Undergraduate Education.
Thank you to the conference planning committee for their dedication and hard work:
- AJ Rooney, Campus Recreation and Unions
- Carla Fresquez, First-Year Seminars
- Christie Navarro, Center for Leadership Learning
- Co Hawes, College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- Ellen Kasakov, Services for International Students and Scholars
- Erin Blobaum, Conference Chair, Center for Leadership Learning
- Erienne Ramos, Strategic Native American Retention Initiatives
- Jaime Allen, Cal Aggie Alumni Association
- Jenny Choc, Summer Sessions
- Melissa Cruz Hernandez, Arboretum and Public Garden
- Mary Jane Andreas, Cross Cultural Center
- Sara Blair-Medeiros, Women's Resources and Research Center
- Vanessa Talavera, Center for Student Involvement