Enrollment for 2022 has closed
The deadline to sign up was November 5, 2021. You can start preparing now for the 2023 cohort by attending the nine 50-minute LEWS workshops (workshops listed below)
Gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of differences, improve your ability to effectively address complex issues, and learn how to cultivate an inclusive environment in an organization or workplace!
The Diversity Leadership Development Program (DLDP) provides an immersive experience through the integration of competency-building seminars, applied learning, and sustained dialogue.
DLDP admits one cohort per year; for 2022, participants will meet twice weekly in the Winter and Spring Quarters: once with the full cohort on on Tuesday afternoons to participate in a 2-hour class session, and again on Thursdays to participate in a 1-hour sustained dialogue section.
- Earn academic units (2 units, pass/no pass, optional) and a certificate of completion
- Build peer and mentor connections
- Boost your resume and professional portfolio with demonstrated leadership
- Develop communication and leadership skills vital to succeeding in a diverse workplace
Duration is two quarters (Winter and Spring), not including the prerequisite of nine Leadership Essentials Workshops (LEWS)
Topical Seminars and Sustained Dialogue
- meet weekly to participate in class sessions and sustained dialogue
- seminar topics include inclusive leadership theory, values and ethics, personal identity, intersectionality, privilege, power, systemic oppression, allyship, conflict management, emotional self-control, humility, and self-care
- complete a relevant project or internship
- read articles, watch videos, write reflections
Seminars and dialogue sections are each held weekly (in person) in both Winter and Spring Quarters; applied experience is scheduled independently.
- Winter Seminars: Tuesdays, January 4 - March 8, 4:10-6:00 pm
- Spring Seminars: Tuesdays, March 29 - May 17, 4:10-6:00 pm
- Options for Weekly Dialogue Sections:
- Thursdays, 4:10-5:00 pm
- Thursdays, 5:10-6:00 pm
Winter Dialogues: January 6 - March 10
Spring Dialogues: March 31 - May 19
- Final Presentations: May 24, 4:10-6:00 pm
- Certificate Award Ceremony: Wednesday, June 1, 5:10-7:00 pm
Enrollment for the 2022 cohort is now closed (the window was from July 19 - November 5, 2021). You can start preparing now for the 2023 cohort by attending the nine 50-minute prerequisite LEWS workshops (workshops listed below)! Enrollment will open next summer (beyond the prerequisite workshops, you'll need to complete an enrollment form and attend a meeting to finalize your enrollment).
Complete the following nine 50-minute prerequisite Leadership Essentials (LEWS) workshops prior to the start of the program:
- The Leader in You
- Thinking Critically About Leadership
- Lead at Your Edge
- Walk the Talk
- Beyond the Visible
- More than Just Words
- Navigating Conflict With Others
- Inclusion is Essential
- Confronting Oppression
- Complete an enrollment form during the next enrollment period. This form will take 15-20 minutes to complete and includes four short-answer response questions
CLL staff will contact you to schedule a meeting to finalize your enrollment.
DLDP is made possible through collaborative effort among the Center for Leadership Learning, Cross Cultural Center, Internship and Career Center, LGBTQIA Resource Center, Office of Campus Community Relations, and Women’s Resources & Research Center.