Gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of differences, improve your ability to effectively address complex issues, and learn how to cultivate an inclusive environment in an organization or workplace!
The Diversity Leadership Development Program (DLDP) provides an immersive experience through the integration of competency-building seminars, applied learning, and sustained dialogue.
DLDP admits one cohort per year; for 2020-2021, participants will meet twice weekly in the Winter and Spring Quarters: once with the full cohort on on Tuesday afternoons to participate in a 1-hour class session, and again to participate in a 1-hour sustained dialogue section.
- Earn academic units (2 units, pass/no pass, optional) and a certificate of completion
- Build peer and mentor connections
- Boost your resume and professional portfolio with demonstrated leadership
- Develop communication and leadership skills vital to succeeding in a diverse workplace
Duration is two quarters (Winter and Spring)
Topical Seminars and Sustained Dialogue
- meet weekly to participate in class sessions and sustained dialogue
- seminar topics include inclusive leadership theory, values and ethics, personal identity, intersectionality, privilege, power, systemic oppression, allyship, conflict management, emotional self-control, humility, and self-care
- complete a relevant project or internship
- read articles, watch videos, write reflections
Seminars and Dialogue sections are held weekly; applied experience is scheduled independently.
- Winter Seminars: Tuesdays, January 5th - March 9th, 4:10-5:00 pm, In Person*
- Spring Seminars: Tuesdays, March 30th - May 18th, 4:10-5:00 pm, In Person*
- Options for Weekly Dialogue Sections:
- Wednesdays 4:10-5:00 pm, Zoom (January 6th - March 10th and March 31st - May 19th)
- Wednesdays, 5:10-6:00 pm, In Person* (January 6th - March 10th and March 31st - May 19th)
- Thursdays, 4:10-5:00 pm, In Person* (January 7th - March 11th and April 1st - May 20th)
- (minimum enrollment of 5 for each section)
- Final Presentations: May 25th, 4:10-6:00 pm
- Certificate Award Ceremony: June 1st, 5:10-7:00 pm
*Seminars and in-person Dialogue sections will meet in person to the extent we are able to do this in compliance with public health and campus guidance. There will be a concurrent option for students wishing to participate remotely. Plan on added health screening and risk-mitigation procedures, including a maximum enrollment (to be determined based on classroom restrictions.) If and whenever necessary, seminars and dialogue sessions will adapt to an online format.
Open Enrollment is from August 7 - November 20, 2020
- Complete and submit a DLDP Registration Form (available here between Aug 7 and Nov 20)
DLDP Registration Form
CLL staff will contact you to schedule a meeting to finalize your enrollment. You will receive the CRN prior to the start of Winter Quarter (course registration is optional).
Complete the following nine 50-minute prerequisite Leadership Essentials workshops before the end of Fall 2020*:
- The Leader in You
- Thinking Critically About Leadership
- Lead at Your Edge
- Walk the Talk
- Beyond the Visible
- Inclusion is Essential
- Confronting Oppression
- More than Just Words
- Navigating Conflict With Others
*Starting Summer 2020, LEWS Workshops have changed, and as a result, so have the prerequisite requirements for our certificate programs. If you've attended one or more of our LEWS Workshops in the past, we'll work with you to identify which prerequisites you've already met and which remain for you to complete. Either complete a registration form and we'll reach out to you, or if you have questions, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DLDP is made possible through collaborative effort among the Center for Leadership Learning, Cross Cultural Center, Internship and Career Center, LGBTQIA Resource Center, Office of Campus Community Relations, and Women’s Resources & Research Center.