Enrollment for 2022 is now open!
Registration for the 2022 cohort is open and will continue through November 5, 2021.
Gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of differences, improve your ability to effectively address complex issues, and learn how to cultivate an inclusive environment in an organization or workplace!
The Diversity Leadership Development Program (DLDP) provides an immersive experience through the integration of competency-building seminars, applied learning, and sustained dialogue.
DLDP admits one cohort per year; for 2022, participants will meet twice weekly in the Winter and Spring Quarters: once with the full cohort on on Tuesday afternoons to participate in a 2-hour class session, and again on Thursdays to participate in a 1-hour sustained dialogue section.
- Earn academic units (2 units, pass/no pass, optional) and a certificate of completion
- Build peer and mentor connections
- Boost your resume and professional portfolio with demonstrated leadership
- Develop communication and leadership skills vital to succeeding in a diverse workplace
Duration is two quarters (Winter and Spring), not including the prerequisite of nine Leadership Essentials Workshops (LEWS)
Topical Seminars and Sustained Dialogue
- meet weekly to participate in class sessions and sustained dialogue
- seminar topics include inclusive leadership theory, values and ethics, personal identity, intersectionality, privilege, power, systemic oppression, allyship, conflict management, emotional self-control, humility, and self-care
- complete a relevant project or internship
- read articles, watch videos, write reflections
Seminars and dialogue sections are each held weekly (in person) in both Winter and Spring Quarters; applied experience is scheduled independently.
- Winter Seminars: Tuesdays, January 4 - March 8, 4:10-6:00 pm
- Spring Seminars: Tuesdays, March 29 - May 17, 4:10-6:00 pm
- Options for Weekly Dialogue Sections:
- Thursdays, 4:10-5:00 pm
- Thursdays, 5:10-6:00 pm
Winter Dialogues: January 6 - March 10
Spring Dialogues: March 31 - May 19
- Final Presentations: May 24, 4:10-6:00 pm
- Certificate Award Ceremony: Wednesday, June 1, 5:10-7:00 pm
Open Enrollment is from July 19 - November 5, 2021
- Complete and submit the DLDP Enrollment Form (available here until November 5)
DLDP Enrollment Form
This form will take 15-20 minutes to complete and includes following four short-answer response questions:
* What is your previous experience with learning or talking about issues related to social justice?
* What do you find the most daunting when interacting with others from different backgrounds, values, or beliefs?
* What does inclusive leadership look like to you?
* Why do you want to be a part of the DLDP? What are you hoping to get out of the certificate program?
CLL staff will contact you to schedule a meeting to finalize your enrollment. You will receive the CRN prior to the start of Winter Quarter (course registration is optional).
Complete the following nine 50-minute prerequisite Leadership Essentials workshops before the end of Fall 2021*:
- The Leader in You
- Thinking Critically About Leadership
- Lead at Your Edge
- Walk the Talk
- Beyond the Visible
- More than Just Words
- Navigating Conflict With Others
- Inclusion is Essential
- Confronting Oppression
*If you've attended one or more of our LEWS Workshops in the past, we'll work with you to identify which prerequisites you've already met and which remain for you to complete. Either complete an en rollment form and we'll reach out to you, or if you have questions, you can contact us at email@example.com.
DLDP is made possible through collaborative effort among the Center for Leadership Learning, Cross Cultural Center, Internship and Career Center, LGBTQIA Resource Center, Office of Campus Community Relations, and Women’s Resources & Research Center.