Workshop Proposals are currently being accepted for the 2019 Undergraduate Leadership Conference on February 9, 2019 at the UC Davis Conference Center.
The deadline to submit a proposal is
Tuesday November 13, 2018!
Workshops should be interactive, contain tangible takeaways, foster connection among participants, and engage students to Discover, Build, or Share the leader in them.
Accepted proposals are eligible for an honorarium; due to campus policy, full-time UCD employees are not eligible for honorariums; however a thank you gift card will be provided.
- Discover the Leader in You: Workshops in this session should focus on helping students learn about what leadership is and discover their identity as a leader. Topics may include, but are not limited to: defining leadership and relevant skillsets, exploring personal values, creating a personal brand, discovering your leadership style/strengths.
- Build the Leader in You
Workshops in this topic should focus on developing core leadership-relevant skills and building capacity to work with others and lead groups. Topics may include, but are not limited to: delegation, communication, time management, motivating self & others, public speaking, self-reflection, decision making, recovering from setbacks, embracing failure, conflict management, working across difference, developing potential in others, developing cultural humility, balancing strengths and weaknesses within your team.
- Share the Leader in You
Share the Leader in You: Workshops in this session challenge students to engage with others in leadership by following the S² L² principle: share your story, share the space, and leave here with what's been learned here. Topics may include, but are not limited to: engaging in difficult conversations, leaving a legacy, getting involved on campus, community organizing, involvement, and advocacy, peer mentorship, and sharing knowledge with family members and community organizations.
If you have any questions about the conference or the workshop proposal form or process, please contact Erin Blobaum at firstname.lastname@example.org or (530) 752-6908, or reach out to any of the other conference planning committee members listed below:
- Jaime Allen - Center for Student Involvement
- Sara Blair-Medeiros - Women's Resources and Research Center
- Tom Hall - Biology Academic Success Center - College of Biological Sciences
- Christina Halliwell - Social Sciences - College of Letters and Sciences
- Corrine Hawes - College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- Ellen Kasakov - Services for International Students and Scholars - Global Affairs
- Christie Navarro - Center for Leadership Learning
- Angie Nguyen - Plant Sciences - College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- Krissy Ocampo - Student Recruitment and Retention Center
- Jennifer Owens - Summer Sessions
- Ian Zamora - Cross Cultural Center